This webinar is LEED AP BD+C
Waste is a big part of the environmental impact of our buildings. In 2003, 170 million tons of construction and demolition waste were generated in the US and, of that, 61% from nonresidential construction projects. This third course in a series directed at LEED for contractors, will provide you with tools and resources to effectively manage the construction and demolition waste on your project in order to meet LEED requirements. This course is geared to contractors but will benefit anyone wanting to learn about this credit.
Although this course does not require knowledge of the credit, you may experience a better learning outcome if you review the credits beforehand. You can find the prerequisite here and the credit here.
As part of the course you will find additional reading materials in the Additional Resource section. Please take a look at the MR prerequisite and credit forms to familiarize yourself with what information is needed for the credit and how it is to be presented. Also, please read the brief article on landfills and how they work as background for understanding the impetus for the credit.
- Develop a LEED-compliant construction and demolition waste management plan
- Implement construction and demolition waste management strategies on a LEED project
- Determine LEED-appropriate waste diversion strategies for your project
- Anticipate construction and demolition waste management challenges on your LEED project
- Produce LEED-compliant documentation for construction and demolition waste management