Information provided by Sumeta Sachdeva, Heapy Engineering
The University of Dayton Research Institute Energy Technology & Materials Labs achieved LEED Commercial Interiors Gold certification February 4, 2016. The labs, offices and cubicles are located on the 3r floor, north triangle wing at 1700 South Patterson Blvd. The overall area of renovation is 24,326 square feet. Over 30% of the furniture and furnishings (including cubicle components) were either salvaged, reused or refurbished items. Several of the construction materials contain recycled content including metal doors, ceiling tiles, insulation and drywall.
View Energy Technologies and Materials Lab Sustainability Map and Tour here. LEED Certification Map_rev1
UD Shroyer Park Structural Test Labs achieved LEED Silver on January 5, 2016. The 11,279 square foot science and lab building is located on nine acres of land on the University of Dayton approximately one mile east of the core campus. Environmentally friendly features of the building include water-efficient plumbing fixtures, recycled content, recycling, and low emitting materials.
View a map of the facility and learn about the green features of the project here : Shroyer Park_Education Plan Map_FINAL
Here is a link to a video produced by the Dayton Daily News about the new lab: http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/news/part-udri-labs-job-break-things/nq2kj/
More than 100 green building and environmental professionals gathered April 20th at Taft’s Ale House for networking and professional development! Hannah Hol and Chuck Lohre were the winners of the networking Bingo game. Each received a $50 Amazon gift card!
Project Manager – Green Building Certification
Sol design + consulting is looking for a versatile, hands-on professional with building knowledge and skills to provide design review and analysis, on-site inspections, testing and documentation as part of our green building certification team. Meticulous evaluation, tracking and maintenance of certification data and documents throughout the course of projects is an essential requirement of this role. Sol is a growing business with learning opportunities and room for career advancement in sustainability.
- Work on multiple projects in multiple green certification programs including LEED, Enterprise Green Communities, ENERGY STAR, Passive House and other programs, often on tight deadlines.
- Review drawings and specifications to verify that sustainable measures are incorporated.
- Extract accurate dimensions and data from project drawings for energy model input.
- Conduct construction site inspections and energy performance testing. This can require one or two travel days per week, and overnight travel about two nights per month.
- Collect and organize all required documentation for certification from the project design and construction team, clients and other sources.
- Pitch in to help colleagues and clients as needed in our small, rapidly growing business.
- Degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent
- Strong AutoCAD, Revit, or other construction drawing software skills.
- Aptitude for interpreting architectural drawings and construction specifications.
- 3-5 years or more of experience in building design, construction or energy rating/consulting.
- LEED Accredited Professional, LEED Green Associate, LEED Green Rater, RESENET HERS Rater, BPI certification, NAHB Green Verifier certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and program concepts in written and verbal form to people at all levels.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for sustainability.
About Sol design + consulting
Sol design + consulting specializes in energy efficiency and green building certification services for multifamily and commercial developers, owners, builders and architects. Sol provides comprehensive green building services: certification guidance and documentation, energy modeling, testing and verification. We are a LEED for Homes Provider, and also work in ENERGY STAR, Enterprise Green Communities, NAHB National Green Building Standard, Passive House, Living Building Challenge and other state and local green certification programs.
The Sol team is a diverse group of architects, energy specialists and construction professionals committed to excellence in green building and bringing value to our projects. Our key point of differentiation is over 25 years of professional design and construction experience we bring to green building consulting. We make certification simpler and reduce uncertainty for our clients.
Sol has completed more than 100 certification projects (over 4,000 homes) in 15 states and internationally. We recently completed certification on the first LEED for Homes Platinum certification in the whole Middle East region. You can learn more about us at www.soldesignconsulting.com.
If you meet the qualifications listed above and think you might be a good fit for this position, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume.
- A professional writing sample (1-3 paragraphs) in your email body about what attracts you to this position and how you think you will benefit our firm.
- At least two professional references