We are the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Southwest Ohio Region
Our Success Story
Southwest Ohio Region has become a national leader in value-based, high-performance buildings and communities.
We are known for:
• The only city in the U.S. offering a 15 year property tax abatement for LEED certified buildings.
• The first major city in the U.S. to choose 100% renewable energy for electric supply to its residents.
• Host to some of the largest annual green business, green homes, and green city events in the U.S.
• The greenest zoo and some of the greenest businesses, schools, and non-profits in the U.S.
• More LEED certified schools than any other school district in Ohio.
• More LEED registered projects than any region in the State of Ohio.
• More LEED accredited professionals than any region in the State of Ohio